Function: Converts music formats and updates iPod.
Author: Michael Allbritton
Notes: This workflow does the following:
1. Convert selected songs from one music format to another on the fly (For example Apple Lossless to AAC).
2. Copy the new file to a new, static playlist named “Down Convert” in the workflow.
3. Copy the converted songs to a mounted iPod.
4. Delete the converted songs and now empty playlist from the iTunes Library, as well as the deletes the files from the HD.
5. Restores the original encoder in iTunes prefs.
Down Convert requires that the iPod be mounted in manual mode. It won’t work if the iPod is set to update automatically. It also requires Doug’s Actions for iTunes vol 1.